Sata/sata150/sata300/sataii

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
ok, i've got a mobo that says it is SATA150 and i have 2 raptors hooked up which are SATA150. If i hook up a hard drive that is SATAII or SATA300, will it work?

i didnt realize my mobo was SATA150 when i bought it :/ i'm pretty sure a SATAII/300 (is sataII and sata300 the same?) mobo will work with SATA150 hd's, but i dont know about the other way around.

thanks!

An SATA II hard drive, is backwards compatible with an SATA150 slot. So yes, it will work. Just at SATA150 speeds.

Nope, there aren't. As far as I know, all 10k rpm hard drives are SATA 150.

excellent, 500GB sata300/sataII drives are way cheaper than sata150's

Its not like you need or even use 150MB/s transfer speed anyway. More RPM's will have better performance than the transfer speed especially that the transfer speed is not even at 100% all the time.

FVI, if u go to Wikipedia.org n check out SATA 6.0 GBit/s, that is pretty **** fast n im still waiting from a HDD SATA 6.0 GBit/s to come out.

Serial ATA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, here you go....

3.5" Hard Drive Charts | Tom's Hardware

See which ones have the best performance overall. The Raptor 10k RPM Drivers are on the top 10 of all benchmark/scores.

Well I didnt really look at all of them but all the ones I looked at have the Raptors on the top ten.

As you can see, they perform better. 3.0GB/s lolz, when would you really use that? Its just its effective/maximum transfer rate or whatever. Its how much its capable of transfering, not how much your drive will work all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom