wow this comp uses less progress bars than mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
YouTube - windows vista readyboost

grr... also i just used my 2gb thumbdrive as a ready boost dedicating 1gb of it. Ima buy a 4gb one with ready boost and plug that in the back of my pc and use all of the 4gb as ready boost and use my 2gb one just for data :D

Edit: And yet for some reason its slower!

Haha, that sucks since your Sound thingy mahjig is slowing it down huh? Is that the only audio you can use?

Ye, its the SoundMax Drivers thats taking all the time, without it loaded, it only takes 4 bars but when the drivers are loaded it takes 15 and three quarters :(

Oh well, Its the only way I can get a good sound and use them simultaneously.

With Vista's HD Audio Drivers, I have to select the one I want as "default" before I can use them.

So If i want to use the front panel audio as my sound, I have to select the "Headphones" default, and if I want to use the back audio ports in my mobo, the analog ones, I have to select "Speaker" as default. And if I want to use the Optical and Coaxial sound outputs, I have to set "SPDIF" as default.

So its kinda a hastle.

If you are really starving for a quick boot time then a pci sound card might be better. The drivers may not become a problem... or they may create a new problem with Vista.

the comp i just built for someone. loaded in 3 1/2 bars everytime into xp. everything at stock

new builds will load faster, i think.
i said before, mine usually doesnt even make one pass before windows loads up. i have almost no processes running at startup.

I have 67 processes now running when windows loads. Not sure what they are but thats a lot! Vista has too many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom