Question about installing A temp display

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH2IS

Beta member
Ok I got this temperature display Newegg.com - NZXT SENTRY 1 Controller Panel - Retail

I only want it to read my temps but im unsure on where I should put the 3 sensors.

It has a sensor for CPU/HDD/SYS. Any idea on where I should stick those things? Im also hoping I can stick that SYS sensor on my VGA if possible. (GeForce 8800 GTX)

Thanks for reading.
Any help would be much appreciated.

first of all
WELCOME TO TECH FORUMS!

i suppose u could put it between ur HFS and cpu but it might affect ur contact between the two. obviously it would be the ideal place thought. usually we use software to chek temperatures to aviod this problem. u could try just keep it to the side an see wat happens. i dont see y it shouldnt work. but my advice would be to google it and check what other have done/rec or other people on tech forums

you do not put the sensor on the cpu, you never put any solid object on the cpu, the pressure from locking the heatsink onto it could damage the cpu and you will also hinder cooling since there will be less surface area in contact with the cpu to cool it.

temp monitors that you install are always going to give in accurate readings for cpu,gpu,chipsets since like i said you dont put them on the chip. so then next best place is next to it which isnt accurate. thus making them pointless.

the only monitoring that will be of any use is the ones that motherboards already have on them as the sensor is built into the motherboard in key areas, video cards also do this.

temp monitoring hardware is just for show.

Funny thing is when I got that temp diplay I was thinking it would plug into my mother board and get the temps from that. Guess not :rolleyes:

I do have a program (PC Probe II) that works with my MB (ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe) but it only shows MB/CPU temps.

Any other programs that I could use thats better?

Also, I got another question.
All the fans in my PC have those 4pin Molex plugs and I cant hook them up to my mother board because it only has 3 pin plugs. Is it a big deal if I just have my fans hooked up to the power suply cables or should I get 3 pin fans and hook them up to my mother board.

Sorry about the noob questions. This is the first PC im puting together and im kinda scared to break it :laughing:

Connecting the fans to the power supply's 4-pin molexes is just fine. Most of us here do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom