New Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

htideswell

Baseband Member
Going for a new PC, and have about 600-650 gbp to spend, not exactly the biggest gamer ever, but I do like to play some games now and then. Just wondering what you guys think of the build I've chosen or if you can give any advice on it :)

Total Cost: 578gbp (Custom Setup from Komplett.co.uk)
EDIT: For more info on individual specs, you can see them here:
Komplett.co.uk

PC box
SoftThinks Installation software,
Gigabyte Triton 180 Black
AXP Powersupply ATX 630W Retail SLI,
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R, P35, Socket-775,
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz Socket
Corsair TWIN2X 5400 DDR2, 2048MB PC5400
Point of View GeForce 8600GT 512MB,
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2
NEC DVD±RW burner AD-5170 IDE Black OEM,
PC with no operating system
Saitek Football Optical Mouse UK 800dpi
Trust Compact Keyboard KB-1120,
LG 19" LCD L1919S-SF TCO-03 Silver,
D-Link DWL-G510 PCI 54Mbps

You don't need the 512mb card, but then again its only a few bucks more.
Since I'll be using this PC for quite some time I thought I might as well pay a little extra for that card, it was 30usd/15gbp more than the one I was gonna buy originally which was 256 8500.

Instead of using a site which builds a pc to your needs buy the parts you want inside your pc from a site like aria It will turn out cheaper.

If you do decide to buy that machine above I would advise upgrading the cpu.
Any particular reason? I'm using a crappy 1.7ghz intel processor with like 256kb cache and it's been pretty good for me, also which intel duel core would you suggest if i did upgrade it?

If you can build yourself you will save alot of cash but if you cant then you will have to stick with a prebuilt one.

Id look at dell they do some pretty good pc's which you can tailer to your needs and there reasonable pricing aswell

No, don't get a dell. Locked bios and iffy power supplies.

Go with a company similar to what you are looking at if you are going to get a pre-built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom