Lapping Procs, yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
The process of lapping is sanding down the top of the processor in a very controlled and specific way. It makes it so it's perfectly microscopically flatBy using 800 grit, then 1000 grit, and then 1200 grit sandpaper.

Anyways, it has been proven to reduce temps by up to 10C and at least 6. What do you guys think? Of course you'd also have to do it to the water block/Heat sync.

I thought about it (still am thinking) but chickened out. I didn't want to void the warranty before even powering it up to see if it was a good chip in the first place. I might do it within the next couple weeks.

I did it to my e6300 along with the bottom of my EK wave waterblock and it made a whole difference of about .5-1c

big whoop. Opening a window in your room makes a bigger difference.

I also should mention that I had my sand paper and processor under running water the whole time with no worries. I cleaned all the tap water residue off with some denatured alcohol to prevent corrosion.

I also should mention that I had my sand paper and processor under running water the whole time with no worries. I cleaned all the tap water residue off with some denatured alcohol to prevent corrosion.

Wait wait wait...you had your sandpaper AND processor under running water?

Obviously the processor wouldn't work, if he did that. He probably meant that he had the sand paper wet, the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom