Building gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all for the RAM, i recommend crucial ballistix instead of patriot, although they are similar brands
ok i read that befofre, but the site didnt have balistix.

second, maxtor does NOT make quality hard drives
go with a seagate 7200.10 series 320gb with 16mb cache
ok thx for info. i thought it WAS seagate since it said seagate but ok.

third, a better motherboard is the p35-DS3R
ok

fourth, do not buy an ALREADY overclocked GTX, when you can overclock it yourself,
tbh i dont want to risk overclocking. it is scary and i think i woudl mes it up.

fifth, does that site your buying from say "Garunteed G0 Stepping"
if not i suggest you order from ClubIT
ok i wil look at clubit. what is g0 stepping.

and lastly, 17'' is WAY to small for me but its your choice
22'' is only $100 more :)
yes i know i basically copied his build and worked from there and forgot to change the screen. i think i am going to get a 22" widescreen.

overclocking is definatly NOT scary
overclocking your GPU is very easy, just use ATI tool, plus T.F. is behind you all the way

ok i read that befofre, but the site didnt have balistix.

ok thx for info. i thought it WAS seagate since it said seagate but ok.

ok

tbh i dont want to risk overclocking. it is scary and i think i woudl mes it up.

ok i wil look at clubit. what is g0 stepping.

yes i know i basically copied his build and worked from there and forgot to change the screen. i think i am going to get a 22" widescreen.

its wayy easier overclocking a GPU... i mean just go on to some site with 8800gtx specs... and copy down the core and clcok speed.. then get ATITool and overclock it to the same speeds... not hard....

its wayy easier overclocking a GPU... i mean just go on to some site with 8800gtx specs... and copy down the core and clcok speed.. then get ATITool and overclock it to the same speeds... not hard....

so i can overclock the nvidia 8800gtx myself and its the same speed as the already overclocked 'evga superclocked 8800gtx". is there any chance of me frying it or messing it up?

no and even if you somehow manage to do this, if you have evga, they will just give you a new one. no questions asked. i overclocked mine like nothing. if i went to far, my comp would just lock up, id restart, step it down a bit and i would be good to go.

no and even if you somehow manage to do this, if you have evga, they will just give you a new one. no questions asked. i overclocked mine like nothing. if i went to far, my comp would just lock up, id restart, step it down a bit and i would be good to go.

no to which part, the will i mess up hardware part or no to i wont be able to get much higher speed?

u say if i have evga, but i thought evga wer e the one overclocked and the non-overclocked ones came from nvidia itself?

so whatr u are saying is ovreclocking is safe?

well overclocking is safe if you watch your temperatures. just don't let it go too high on load like above 80-90C depending which graphics card it is. the 8 series seems to run hot like 60C idle and 80C load so you might just want to make the limit to 85C or 90C for the 8 series and also get a hr-03 plus if you're going to stick with 8 series for some time and also that hr-03 plus heatsink will need a bit of taking out the cover and putting it on and adding a 92mm fan so it's a bit tricky. If you know what you're doing then go ahead. but the stock fan is already good so you might have enough room to overclock it.

well overclocking is safe if you watch your temperatures. just don't let it go too high on load like above 80-90C depending which graphics card it is. the 8 series seems to run hot like 60C idle and 80C load so you might just want to make the limit to 85C or 90C for the 8 series and also get a hr-03 plus if you're going to stick with 8 series for some time and also that hr-03 plus heatsink will need a bit of taking out the cover and putting it on and adding a 92mm fan so it's a bit tricky. If you know what you're doing then go ahead. but the stock fan is already good so you might have enough room to overclock it.
umm i dont have clue what u talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom