General OC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So, I've tried to get a stable OC on my rig for some time now, I thought it was more or less stable at 3.84 a while ago but it always had a problem of the display not coming up when i booted the system. (it was stable if/when i would get it to boot up, running applications and heavy gaming etc...) I would then have to crack it open, take out the CMOS battery and put it back it to reset the BIOS, and then OC from there again.

My question is this:

right now im at exactly 3800mhz w/ a 1.47v through the cpu. Now, i KNOW a 6750 can handle that, so would increasing the voltage on my ram by +.1v potentially fix this problem or would that not have anything to do with it?

lol....We can't be in more than one spot, at once.

What voltage do you have your RAM set at now? To set the RAM at it's spec voltage, you have to set it at +0.4v, because the normal setting is at 1.8v...

And you might want to give more juice to the CPU.

haha this happened to me, no display when u oc too much. Do you have display now? If not, just unplug ur psu from the power outlet leave it there for like 20 seconds unplugged to fully discharge ur mobo. Make sure ur computer is off! when u unplug it lolz. Then plug it back in and it should start then pauses then start again, so it charges ur cpu enough power to start.

Try that to see if it works. if it does go back to bios and do what u want so it wont happen again.

Times like this are when im glad my mobo automatically resets the bios if it fails to post from an overclock. I was having problems with my memory timings being too tight when i was pushing the 3.4 mark on my quad, so you might look into backing your memory timings off just to make sure thats not the problem.

is there a way to manually change the memory timings in the bios? i didnt see anything on the ds3r bios...

is there a way to manually change the memory timings in the bios? i didnt see anything on the ds3r bios...

When you're at the main BIOS menu, press Ctrl + F1. The screen will flash for a second. Then go into M.I.T., and you will see, that you can manually set the memory's timings.

What i want to know is where the heck i set the memory:fsb to 1:1 on the ds3r. So far the best i can do is set it to 2.5 which ends up at 4:5.

What i want to know is where the heck i set the memory:fsb to 1:1 on the ds3r. So far the best i can do is set it to 2.5 which ends up at 4:5.

you have to set the ratio at 2 (which is really 1:1 cus they do the full ddr2 speed:fsb) but it is indeed a 1:1 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom