AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apokalipse, it seems you can't accept that this is bull..
Oh, the irony.

I remember plenty of people picking apart details about Conroe benchmarks before release. Heck, I was among them.
And there was a significant amount to pick apart, albeit circumstantial. But that didn't make the benchmarks invalid.

I could pull apart your arguments (which wouldn't actually be too hard, since your arguments are circumstantial, at best), but then all that would happen is you'll invent new ones.

Yeah, it's a big claim. One which you can either believe or not believe, or remain agnostic about.

Me, I'm agnostic about it. I would definitely like it to be true. But I will concede if it's shown to be false - which so far, it hasn't been.
Sure, it hasn't been proven true either. But that makes it all the more silly to start taking sides this early.

What I'm saying is that 30.000 3D mark should not be taken seriously

3D mark depends mostly on graphic card and processor has only 1-10% influence in score.

The INQuirer's goal is to just spit out whatever rumors it hears; that's the way they make their dime.

AMD's Henri Richard rumored to be joining Apple !!

AMD's Henri Richard rumored to be joining Apple

compare this with

After 20 years in the PC industry – and five of the most professionally rewarding years here at AMD – I have decided to make a move to a different business segment,” Mr. Richard said.

News Room Home

By the way, I'm not only one who is saying that The Inquirer is a trash news site. Many people from other computer forums are saying the same thing

i find it hard to be true since @3GHz isnt not even o/c is it? but then again whos to say. maybe they have the next c2d series in their hands.

although i would expect the 30k mark to be a lil harder to crack then just a high end stock cpu with 2900 xfire

What I'm saying is that 30.000 3D mark should not be taken seriously
Take it any way you like. But I don't think it should be ignored.

3D mark depends mostly on graphic card and processor has only 1-10% influence in score.
It's much more CPU dependant than people think.

I once ran on a Sempron 2800+ at 2.0GHZ. I struggled to get close to 4,900 with a 7900 GT at 750MHZ.

Somebody on here with a 7900 GS at lower clock speeds (GS's have less pipelines - I calculated the raw power to be a little above half of my 7900 GT at 750MHZ. Multiply pipelines by frequency) got roughly 4,900 with a better CPU.

The INQuirer's goal is to just spit out whatever rumors it hears; that's the way they make their dime.
I am pretty sure TheInquirer only publishes things it believes at least have some truth to them.
This year, TheInquirer's track record for being correct is actually quite high.

By the way, I'm not only one who is saying that The Inquirer is a trash news site. Many people from other computer forums are saying the same thing
People saying that a site is bad doesn't make it so. This is an argumentum ad populum.

*edit*

And yes, his Laptop really did get stolen.
5.4GHz Conroe gets stolen in Theo Disaster Diary

According to the author, Phenom 2.5GHz --> 23,768 and 3.0GHz --> 30,031. After overclocking the CPU, GPU, and GPU memory by 20%, 12%, and 9%, respectively, the 3DMark06 score increases by 26% ?!!

And yes, his Laptop really did get stolen.
5.4GHz Conroe gets stolen in Theo Disaster Diary

The author who wrote this is the same author who wrote the 30,000 3dmark article. I don't trust that author.

What at a coincidence ? His laptop was stolen when he wrote his unbelievable news !! hmm.....It seems that this guy is hiding something. He is claiming that he got 30,000 in 3dmark but he can't prove it !!

A C2Q @ 5.2 GHz scores about 7,500 on the CPU test if you look on ORB. For a Phenom to score 30,031 overall, it would have to score 20,000 if not more on the CPU test. So a 5.2 GHz Kentsfield doesn't even dent the Phenom?

This year, TheInquirer's track record for being correct is actually quite high.

I read somewhere that FoxNews is one of the most trustful news channel

Yet I can tell you that many of the news that you see in Fox News are unreliable and totally biased.

The Inq has a dubious past.... hits and misses

According to the author, Phenom 2.5GHz --> 23,768 and 3.0GHz --> 30,031. After overclocking the CPU, GPU, and GPU memory by 20%, 12%, and 9%, respectively, the 3DMark06 score increases by 26% ?!!
Yeah?
When you put it like that, it actually does sound more right.

The author who wrote this is the same author who wrote the 30,000 article. I don't trust that author.
Many people didn't trust Conroe benchmarks, either.

What at a coincidence ? His laptop was stolen when he wrote his unbelievable news !! hmm.....It seems that this guy is hiding something. He is claiming that he got 30,000 in 3dmark but he can't prove it !!
Coincidences actually do happen sometimes.

A C2Q @ 5 GHz scores about 7,500 on the CPU test if you look on ORB. For a Phenom to score 30,031 overall, it would have to score 20,000 if not more on the CPU test.
How do you figure?
The increase in CPU speed can also have a significant effect on SM 2.0 and HDR tests, too.
Not to mention, the CPU isn't the only thing he overclocked.

I read somewhere that FoxNews is one of the most trustful news channel

Yet I can tell you that many of the news that you see in Fox News are unreliable and totally biased.
...and?

Apokalipse,

Do you know how to do math ??

I will give you an example

100 + 200 = 300

You increase the number 100 and 200 by 10% then you get 110 and 220, right ?

110 + 220 = 330

330 is only 10% more than 300

Another example:

100 + 200 + 300 = 600

Let us increase the numbers 100, 200 and 300 by 10%, 5% and 20% respectively ...... you will get 110, 210 and 360

110 + 210 + 360 = 680

680 is only 13.3% more than 600

So, how can an increase by 20%, 12%, and 9% respectively results in 26% percentage increase ?

The percentage should be a number between 20 and 9, not 26 !!

Apokalipse,

Do you know how to do math ??
Should you even ask?

So, how can an increase by 20%, 12%, and 9% respectively results in 26% increase ?

The percentage should be a number between 20 and 9, not 26 !!
Not really. The increases in frequency for each individual component (CPU, GPU, GPU mem) should combine for an even bigger increase in overall performance.

That's like saying that if you upgraded the engine from 400 to 500 horsepower (20% increase), and got a 10% better gearbox, then the difference should be somewhere between the percentage increase in horsepower, and gearbox (10 to 20%)

That's like saying that if you upgraded the engine from 400 to 500 horsepower (20% increase), and got a 10% better gearbox, then the difference should be somewhere between the percentage increase in horsepower, and gearbox (10 to 20%)

Yes the the difference should be somewhere 10 to 20%

I just gave you two examples in my previous post

Have you read them

A + B + C + D + F = X

If I increase A, B, C, D and F by 12%, 15%, 18%, 9% and 20% respectively. Then the percentage increase on X would be a number between 9 and 20

Not really. The increases in frequency for each individual component (CPU, GPU, GPU mem) should combine for an even bigger increase in overall performance.

No it is not

You need to learn more math

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom