Windows XP - all a big joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

mophead740

In Runtime
Did you ever wonder what microsoft was thinking wen theycame up with the name Windows XP.
I mean for goodness sake, it looks like a little face laughing so hard it cant even keep its tongue in its mouth.
Is, and was M$ windows XP all a big joke on its users, or is there somethin else behind the name.
Please explain if you know anything!

...or maybe eXPerience? meaning that its one really bad experience you wont forget anytime soon.

or maybe it IS a face, the face of microsoft laughing their evil corporate laugh?

According to this site it stands for experience.

Q: What does XP stand for?
A: That's another question that has two answers. The official Microsoft answer is it stands for eXPerience. More than a few detractors have labeled it as meaning eXtra Pricey, eXPensive, and eXtra Profitable.

I found this at the microsoft website:

"The XP name is short for "experience," symbolizing the rich and extended user experiences Windows and Office can offer by embracing Web services that span a broad range of devices."

what exactly does "cross platform" mean anyway? wouldnt that mean multi-operating systems? i guess it sounds like it make sense but it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom