Need help with multiple problems with Vista Home Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack10525

Baseband Member
I have a HP DV6000T with Windows Vista Home Premium. It came preinstalled with Vista so I have no hardware or driver issues and all updates are current. My biggest complaint is IE7 constantly freezes up and needs to be restarted. I usually have multiple tabs open so all the pages have to close and this is becomming a real annoyance. It probably happens about every other day. Is there anyway to fix this? Also sometimes windows itself freezes up and I have to hard power it down. The system is very slow to boot and shutdown. I have turned off almost all startup programs with msconfig. I am running a core 2 duo 1.73 ghz and 1.5 gb of ram. I think it should be a little faster. I'm almost to the point of buying a second hard drive and just installing XP. If anybody has any tips and tricks to make vista actually perform like it should I would like to hear them.

It just froze up right after I posted this. I had a few other tabs open and one stop responding. I waited because windows said it was trying to fix the problem. It didn't. I have never seen it fix the problem. God this is anoying.....

Yeah, it happened to me too, and I have 2 gb of ram and running at 2.11GHz. How did I fix this problem, I went back to XP (^_^), until service pack 1 or 2 comes out for vista, I'm sticking with XP.

tweakguides.com has a guide to go over basically anything vista, I'm sure if you went over it you would come up with some solutions but unfortunately its not a quick fix....

The first thing I do when I buy any prebuilt computer is wipe it clean and install a clean OS.

Once you do this and use firefox you shouldn't have any complaints.

i think u should use firefox as well
also u should reinstall vista and get rid of all the crap that hp put there that you no doubt dont need!

HP doesn't give out the OS disks...all they give you is a image restoration disk, which puts back all the crap that was already on the computer. So you'd have to get a new copy of the OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom