Does vista come with its own drivers for sound cards built in mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Does windows have their own drivers for the sound that is on the mobo? SoundMax is kinda slowing my boot from 4 progress bars to 16, thats a major difference!

On this Asus mobo, you can connect HD Audio and or Analog AC37 thing. I was thinking of just not installing the SoundMax driver and use Window's own driver, do you think this will work? Also will I be able to use the Optical and Coaxial connectors too for a true 5.1?

Edit: Ok i just changed the settings on the bios from HD to AC37 and when I boot it only takes 4-5 passes/progress bar. However, i dont have sound atm, it says "You changed the sound configuration ..... you must install SoundMax" not the exact wording but similar.

windows doesn't come with its own sound drivers, you have to install the ones from your mobo driver disk or soundcard driver disk

for some reason i installed the one from windows and i can only use one of them at a time.

I have to set at default on which one i wan to use. if i want to use the front panel that is plugged in to my speakers i have to set it to default so i cant use the speaker and headphones at the same time. :( but windows boots up faster haha :D

Edit: not worth the trouble ill reinstall it.

Edit 2: I have no choice but to install soundmax. Also...... if I use the HD Sound cuz in windows vista with soundmax installed it looks like this....

I can only enable one of them. So when im using the Coaxial or SPDIF sound, I need to enable the HD Audio so I cant even use my analog audio/front audio ports like when I want to use the headphones?

:(

On Vista's driver for HD Audio, it had the same thing on that picture but it has "Headphones" too. The Soundmax only has "Speakers" and "SPDIF Interface" which I like better cuz I can use the speakers plugged in the back of the mobo and the headphones plugged in the front panel at the same time :D

With Vista's own driver, I have to select "Speaker" as default if i want to use the one on the back of the mobo or headphones if i want to use the one on the front panel or SPDIF Interface if i want to use the Coaxial or Optical ones on the back of the mobo.

so its kinda pain.

Windows doesn't come with drivers for any sound devices. Even those built into the motherboard, it may be able to search for them online with the drivers search function.

Do you have a sound card? Or are you using the P5B onboard audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom