Finally a 3dbenchmark score

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITS ALMOST TIME FOR OVERCLOCKING SEASON! lol.. i'll be 100% up and running to oc by the end of fall or winter! thats when imma pull out the numbers!!! use my super secret methods as i used to! buawhahaha

still debating... q6600... or e6700

ITS ALMOST TIME FOR OVERCLOCKING SEASON! lol.. i'll be 100% up and running to oc by the end of fall or winter! thats when imma pull out the numbers!!! use my super secret methods as i used to! buawhahaha

still debating... q6600... or e6700

I was deciding this too a few months back but now I know for SURE I made the right decision. Get a G0 q6600, only 100 dollars more and its already starting to outperform the e6700 in games and definately synthetic benchmarks. Someone had a link somewhere that showed performance differences.

Absolutely. It'll get outpaced by the new line of quads coming end of year but it'll be better than duo once all 4 get suppported in games and more programs. I ran 3dMark last night before messing with my RAM and stability tests. Score is in my sig. Don't we have an official Scores thread? - should we build one for a few different processors so people can compare settings, etc?
Alot of tweaking going on folks... I'll make an "official" thread once I get everything 100% where I want it.

Absolutely. It'll get outpaced by the new line of quads coming end of year but it'll be better than duo once all 4 get suppported in games and more programs. I ran 3dMark last night before messing with my RAM and stability tests. Score is in my sig. Don't we have an official Scores thread? - should we build one for a few different processors so people can compare settings, etc?
Alot of tweaking going on folks... I'll make an "official" thread once I get everything 100% where I want it.

Your benchmark 2006 score makes no sense at all. You only got 300 higher then me and I'm running the q6600 at a stock setting of 2.4 ghz. Many many threads have been made but they all eventually die out. Is your 8800 gtx stock settings? What CPU score did u get btw, can u post the futuremark score link?

BTW I'm sick of people talking about penryn processors like its going to be 2x faster then the current quad processors. Thats BS, no one knows anything about their performance or even a definite release date.

Your benchmark 2006 score makes no sense at all. You only got 300 higher then me and I'm running the q6600 at a stock setting of 2.4 ghz. Many many threads have been made but they all eventually die out. Is your 8800 gtx stock settings? What CPU score did u get btw, can u post the futuremark score link?

BTW I'm sick of people talking about penryn processors like its going to be 2x faster then the current quad processors. Thats BS, no one knows anything about their performance or even a definite release date.

I apologize I should be more clear with my statements. I BELIEVE that new quads will outdo current quad cores. I see no reason why they would put out a new inferior model. But you're right, I probably shouldn't have said it as if it was fact.

I am also running a GTS 320, not a GTX, and yes it's overclocked to the specs in my sig. When I ran 3d at stock everything (didn't even touch Bios) I was getting 10,096. When you overclock I would think you'll go up pretty high.

I can post the link to my 3dM test later on as I'm not home at the moment. I'm not sure what my cpu score was - I'm a noob to this. I know that I have an 8 multiplier on right now and 3d presumes it's at stock 9 so I'm sure that threw it off. I just learned this was an issue btw.

So with that in mind I need to re-run 3d. When I ran through the test the CPU part was only doing 1-2 fps. I thought that might be fishy. Everything else looked great though. Average frames were low 30's dipping occasionally to low and mid 20's while I ran it (at the hard parts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom