Maxtor 120 Gig. Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozbimmer

Beta member
This is my very first post on a computer forum, so forgive me for sounding like an idiot. I built my own computer a couple years ago. Everything has been functioning perfectly, for the most part. Recently I noticed that the computer sasys that I only have 34 of my 120 Gigs of space on my hard drive. What would cause the computer to not recognise all of the space? Please help!

I need more information before I can help you. How is your drive partitioned? How much space have you used on your hard drive? What OS are you using? What file system are you using?

I'm not sure how it's partitioned, I think there is a wizard that does it for you the first time you start up? I'm using windows XP pro. I only have about 2 gig left of the 36 that it says I have. File systems? Sorry, please be patient with me.

Well im havbing trouble with mine at the moment aswell but it sounds like you may have the jumper pins set up in the wrong positions....

I set mine up wrong on my 200gb hdd and it said i only have 30gb of space....

You need to check on the maxtor.com website what the jumper settings are for your exact drive... you want it set as a master probly aswell!!!!

hope this helps!

Well there must be jumper setting or the way u formatted your harddrive did you formatted all the drive n patitioned it as it should be... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom