New build..cant boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
Getting "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message, I AM able to get into bios and change/save settings etc. The comp is in my sig, thx.

That is usually the message you get, when Windows hasn't been installed, or the hard drive isn't being detected, like the others have mentioned.

1) No idea what dvd drive jumpers are/do.

2) I'm going to try a different CD drive.

3) Going to make sure SATA RAID/AHCI MODE is disabled.

4) Re-seat the IDE wires (Only the dvd drive is using IDE cables.)

5) I haven't installed windows yet.

6) The HD (SD...blahblah) 320GB is being read in bios, I dont see DVD Drive though.

Okay, first of all does it post? If it doesnt post, theres likely some PSU, CPU and RAM issues not connected properly or the PSU not giving power to the CPU thus cpu is undetected. If it doesnt post then of course you cant install windows.

though it looks to me that it posted because you said you can get into the bios.

Try disconnecting your drive and connect it again. Also do you have power in your dvd drive? Is it plugged in the molex connector from your PSU? does it even open up? if not try using a different molex power from your PSU.

You'll need to get your DVD Drive detected. Since the HD is unformatted, it can't boot the machine. You'll need to place the Windows install disk in the DVD Drive so the Windows CD can boot the machine, format the disk....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom