"ati" (no Good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: "ati" (no Good)

Monster00 said:
true comment

They ain't that crappy. Hell i remember the days when the GeForce 4 Titaniums pratically owned and put alot of companys out of business in the early 2002. Holy shit, have you seen the benchmark of early 2002 between nVidia's flagship card and ATI's flagship card. What a slaughter between the 8500 vs Ti4200. Let alone, the 8500 couldn't even perform any better than the Ti500. The GeForce 4 Titanium made a high score that people thought was impossible to reach. It was a popular card.

To be honest, i never heard of ATI until 2003.:)

And yes, nVidia will take the crown once again while ATI will be busy making some low-end PCI-E cards that doesn't perform any better than my 9800 Pro.

WQ, I wouldnt be quick to say anyhting about pci-x..

when you were a kid, playing super mario 1 for n.e.s. did you ever imagine the power of graphics would reach a stage thus far? i think not.. in a few years people will look at 8x agp cards like they are 28.8kbps modems..

pci-x are the way of the future, wether you like it or not.. hell i dont like it cause i will have to switch my rig to keep up, lol.. same thing could be said about 64 bit cpu's, etc..

but anyway.. nvidia had ati beat with the ti series, ati had nvidia beat with the 9600-9800 series cards, and although im not sure about the x800's vs the 6800's im pretty sure the 6800's are getting better becnmarks/fps in games..

hell, i wouldnt be surprised if ati and nvidia were working togehter to sway customers back and forth for marketing purposes
:p

xxdryicexx said:
WQ, I wouldnt be quick to say anyhting about pci-x..

when you were a kid, playing super mario 1 for n.e.s. did you ever imagine the power of graphics would reach a stage thus far? i think not.. in a few years people will look at 8x agp cards like they are 28.8kbps modems..

pci-x are the way of the future, wether you like it or not.. hell i dont like it cause i will have to switch my rig to keep up, lol.. same thing could be said about 64 bit cpu's, etc..

but anyway.. nvidia had ati beat with the ti series, ati had nvidia beat with the 9600-9800 series cards, and although im not sure about the x800's vs the 6800's im pretty sure the 6800's are getting better becnmarks/fps in games..

hell, i wouldnt be surprised if ati and nvidia were working togehter to sway customers back and forth for marketing purposes
:p

Yes, PCI-E would be the future. But for now, they are still in their beta form.

All of you need some valium. Both cards are going to be outdated in less than a year anyway, and it's not as though there are any games out there that these two cards can't handle, and if there is it's probably another pretentious and vapid FPS that requires a powerful card just so you can see snot dribbing from an enemy's nose. :rolleyes:

nono snes beats genesis coz its got mode 7 ner ner

benchmarks art everything man. PLAY with the 5950 and it will be a true AMAZING experience man. the reason wgy ati cardz tend to get more FPS is because it doesnt have as much stuff to render,,, you dont see alll the stuff you can with ATI cards

Over the years, it's pretty much been the same war.

Voodoo2 (performance/SLI capability) vs. TNT (visual quality) vs. Rage 128 (visual quality)
Voodoo3 (performance) vs. TNT2 (visual quality) vs. Rage 128 Pro (visual quality)
Voodoo5 (FSAA quality) vs. GeForce/GeForce2 (performance) vs. Radeon (feature set) vs. Kyro2 (versatility)
GeForce3/GeForce4 (performance) vs. Radeon 8500 (feature set)
GeForce FX vs. Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 (both on visual quality and performance)
GeForce 6800 (feature set) vs. Radeon X800 (performance)

etc. etc.

This topic has been done to death several billion times, in the end it's all of the matter up to the customer.

Each card has strengths and weaknesses, but if any of you are going to make any progress in getting along, stop the flaming and learn to respect each other's purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom