My girlfriend needs a laptop. I need help finding her one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miklman

Baseband Member
Yes, my girlfriend is off to college. Yahoo. But she is currently laptopless! Not yahoo. So I guess it is up to me to find her a good one. The two I'm currently looking at are:

Newegg.com - Recertified: Gateway MX8734 - RA NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T2060(1.60GHz) 17.1" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 533 160GB 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner Intel GMA950

Newegg.com - Recertified: HP Pavilion dv6225us(RP154UAR) NoteBook AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50(1.60GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

They both seem like good choices. Her uses for the computer will mainly be writing, watching videos (she's becoming a dance teacher, watches many dance videos), browsing, music, and playing Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

So, which one of those laptops should it be? Are either of them even good? (Keep in mind she doesn't want anything in the thousands, hence why I was looking in recertified section.)

either should be fine.. from what u say it seems she will be using it for pretty mainstream use.. if she was hoping to play intense games or video editing it would be another story but for the uses u have written any of the two would be sufficient

either should be fine.. from what u say it seems she will be using it for pretty mainstream use.. if she was hoping to play intense games or video editing it would be another story but for the uses u have written any of the two would be sufficient

Yeah, basically all it will need to do is have Microsoft Word, iTunes, and Firefox all open at once. I think the second one is the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom