which cpu is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the P5K3 Deluxe. It's a waste right now, when the X38 chipset is coming soon. But the P5K Deluxe is well suited for the Q6600.

what does the x38 chipset support? i havent heard of this ..... if you have an article could you link me up? lol that sounds so corney saying .... link me up..... ahah i crack myself up sometimes ahhh

The x38 claims roughly a 5-10% boost in performance over p35, but until i see some actual benchmarks i cant really see the difference in what its going to cost compared to current p35 boards.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 "LGA775 Conroe" 3.00GHz (1333FSB) is the must faster processor due to its FSB speed.

The days of clock speed is over, with multiple cores being available, nows its all about the FSB and the Cache

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I'm not very educated when it comes to DDR3 memory soo maybe some of our other members on the Tech-Forums can help ya out if you do decide to go for this board

Keep in mind that the GIGABYTE board has both DDR2 and DDR3 Memory slots but it only has 2 DDR3 slots where as the ASUS board has 4 but the price is so high up there soooo only consider the ASUS if you have BUTTLOADS of cash or is willing to spend that kind of money to get the most future proof item out on the market as of now

DawnOfDoom, the P5K3 isn't much of a board right now. Due to DDR3 not being the mainstream of RAM, check out the prices for it. It's a rip. I bet in about a year or 2, the DDR3 RAM will drop in prices and that's when people will be getting the DDR3 boards that also has the X38 chipset. b1gapl linked you a site describing the chipset, so you'll understand why the P5K3 isn't such a great board right now.

For the thread starter : I would go for the Intel Core 2 Duo - E6850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom