which cpu is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there would the quad core give better performance because its only 2.4ghz and the other was 3.0ghz sorry if its a stupid question but i dont know much about cpu' s.

2 more cores. Alot of programs arent optimized for quad core cpus, but they will be long before you need to replace the cpu. Right now im running stable at 3ghz on my quad at stock voltage.

well the quad is a major multi-tasker GREAT for gaming i mean its just phenomenal make sure it has G0 stepping too before you buy and if you plan on playing crysis it can use a Quad Core Proc. to its fullest extent

and anyways its only a little more than the Best Duo and this totally surpasses the duo in performance by a TON!

well i have just purchased the Q6600 could anyone give me some advice on a good heatsink and a motherboard to go along with the cpu thanks.

Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

Thats a great HS for the Quad Core ...... beware its fairly large but it cools the quad great

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Thats has to be one of The best Mobo's on the market right now for that price

If you want absolutely the best board out there right now that is prolly the most future proof then go with this from ASUS

(note) This board Uses DDR3 memory ONLY! (note)

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I'm not very educated when it comes to DDR3 memory soo maybe some of our other members on the Tech-Forums can help ya out if you do decide to go for this board

Keep in mind that the GIGABYTE board has both DDR2 and DDR3 Memory slots but it only has 2 DDR3 slots where as the ASUS board has 4 but the price is so high up there soooo only consider the ASUS if you have BUTTLOADS of cash or is willing to spend that kind of money to get the most future proof item out on the market as of now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom