Sorry! another 'Check my build' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I won't get a sound card unless I have problems getting sound at all- as I said, I have one I could try anyway.

As for OS, It'll be XP.

Which leads me to a related question: I have a copy of XP pro (bought separately to current comp). Its installed on the computer that I am replacing with this new one.

Can I uninstall/ unregister that copy of XP and reinstall/reregister it on the new computer?

yes sir..

You don't have to uninstall your copy of XP, from your current. It's just that you can't have two computers using the same key, both connected to the internet at the same time. So you can just install and activate Windows XP on your new computer, without a problem.

Ya, you can transfere it and even leave it installed on your current pc. Just don't connect the older one to the internet. Maybe a media center or something?

Right, the mobo, PSU, memory and CPU cooler arrived. Yay!

Now one thing I've noticed:
The Thermalright Ultra 120 XT is HUGE! I mean HUGE HUGE. Seeing as the original plan was to get a Coolermaster Centurion 534 case, it seems impossible that the HSF will fit. Can anyone comment on whether it will?

As for my options, I was thinking:

a) new case! What will be big enough for it to fit? Antec 900? Coolermaster 830 (although its expensive)

b) Casemod!! wooo! I could just take a hacksaw to the side and fashion a kind of dome or bubble to screw over the top. Sounds quite cool, actually, esp with the 534, as it has steel sides, so if the bubble was perspex/ transparent bowl, you would just have the heatsink poking out the side. Got to take care not to bash it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom