OC e6750 to 4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Has anybody done this on air? I know its a huge stretch for air but I want to try for it atleast for a cpuz screenie.

I've seen it done on air, before. Or I think it was 3.8GHz. But 4.0GHz is possible on air.

When you insert the peltier between the CPU and HSF, how do you keep condensation from happening? And how do you connect it, so that it has power?

You use a silicone gel in and around the processor itself, also on the backside of the mobo for good measure, cover the whole area with a thin layer of dense foam and wrap up the heat pipes with neoprene. Now you have an impermeable water boundary and a awesome insulation layer. Its easy when you have the right materials and decent understanding of humidity. The best way I found was to google the topic, there are alot of work logs out there with that focus on this project.

As for power you can use either a converter kit that can be bought or made to run from your PSU or you can buy an independent power supply that you can put in a 5.25 bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom