Sound problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileii

Baseband Member
Ok for the first time since i'v had my pc (almost 2 years) i got a sound problem for up to a week ago, so here what happens; the sound and my mic are working when im not in a game (i.e call of duty 2 & other games) and some times nothing happens and other times my sound and mic just stop working, i do not feel its my headset because when i press windows key click on Volume > Master Volume and mute and unmute it right away the sound comes back on again. Sometimes this happens every 5mins others once a day maybe which it quite annoying as i play the game alot.

Before the sound/mic gose i know it will because the sound from the game/voice programs start to become fuzzy and without warning it just gose and its gone.

Can anyone help me please ?

PS: this is my first post and if its in thw wrong section, sorry.

Welcome to T.F. !!
If you are hearing a disturbance before the failure then it is a hardware problem. Either your audio card (or integrated sound) is failing or your headphones and mic are. If there is another computer you can play on try it for a day or two with your headphones and if there is no problem then you know they are fine. You can also try different headphones in your current computer. Its all about isolating the problem and replacing the defective part.

I done what you said and tryed my headset on a friends pc, worked fine. Tryed speakers iv had on my Pc for ages and always worked but when i used them i got the same problem.. sound cut off after awhile while playing a game, can anyone else help me ? or is there a way to reinstall sound or something ? sorry for been a noob.

If your headphones and speakers are both good, you can try updating your drivers for your sound card. If that doesn't help, you may have a dying sound card as QuaziBee suggested. To update your sound card right click my computer, select properties, then hardware, then device manager. Then click the + next to audio devices and then right click your sound card and select update driver.

These are what comes up :

as you can see audio devices dose not come up, what next :S

btw i do not have a sound card. In Everest home edition its says the only thing about sound :

Multimedia :
Audio Adapter : VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

I right click VIA AC'97' and get 'Download Driver' and i get this link :
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=69 - its a blank page.

EDIT : I did what iv tryed already again... google , i found a program called 'Driver Detective' and scan my pc to see what was out of date and aperently ''VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller'' is up to date but the following that wasnt updated have nothing to do with sound.

Is there anyone that can help ? and thanks for the above help(s)

There where it says sound, video and game controllers is where it is located. Click the + beside that and see what's under there. Your "enhanced audio controller" should be in there. If not, or if you just want to fix the problem for good, go get a new PCI sound card and install it along with the drivers that come in the box with the card.

ill probly just buy a crad but this prob is only with call of duty games as i found out as world of warcraft didnt get this sound problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom