AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source

I'm skeptical about this, since it's coming from the Inquirer. But if this is true, then bravo AMD...

aniclapping3wrep3.gif

u dont like theinquirer.net? Most of the time, theinquirer.net have links to where they get the sources from.

oh n b1gapl, u beat me too it to making a thread about this lol. Only reason u beat me to it is because i had to grill carne asada on the BBQ.

Someone call for The Hammer? ')

Give TheInq its due, they hit paydirt before anyone else on most stories. If they ran it, I'd believe it... they test their own stuff as well as keeping tabs on others who get the good stuff early.

kingpin broke 27k. i think the record before that was high 26k with 2 ATI's. I wouldn't jump the gun and raise the BS flag just yet.

No, it was Shamino and Kinc that broke 27k.

The first 26k, I think was broken with the HD 2900XTs CF, by some team. Then kingpin responded with a 26,847 via 8800Ultras. Then Shamino and Kinc broke the 27k.

lol no i wasnt calling for the hammer...i was placing the soon-t0-be-hammer in the public eye. wo0t!
by the way...wildside, carne asada...mmm-mmm!

lol, I wqas joking about the SLI thing, it's just because I'm an nVidia/Intel fanboy ;)

Intel just feels familiar.. I don't know much in the AMD world, or ATi for that matter.

Yes i am a nvidia/intel fanboy too but i am not too strong on it. I wouldn't try to destroy a amd or ati system. I just wouldn't buy them unless its a really cheap bargain or it's for free! lol

The current record according to Futuremark is 27039 with a crossfire system though.
with a 5GHZ C2Q
100% BS.. 5.0+ghz intel quads get around 26k and that's with ln2 and all that fun stuff. There is absolutely no way that a moderate overclock of a phenom would beat Intel by that much.. it would be amazing if it beat it at all at only 3.0ghz.
I remember people saying this before C2D released.

Now I'm willing to concede that this benchmark may be false, if it is shown to be so. However I don't think TheInquirer would lie to us like this.

Someone call for The Hammer? ')

Give TheInq its due, they hit paydirt before anyone else on most stories. If they ran it, I'd believe it... they test their own stuff as well as keeping tabs on others who get the good stuff early.
Yeah, I think TheInquirer is a better source than people give them (him?) credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom