Future proof MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PCI-E 2.0 is going to be designed to be backward compatible with regular PCI-E

I'm assuming you mean that you can use PCI-E on PCI-E 2.0? Because why would they design a new PCI-E 2.0 for an existing slot... otherwise it would be named PCI-E and just make it new, since it would still work

I think the graphic cards supporting PCIe 2.0, should be designed to be backwards compatible with 1.1....the reason being, not everyone will have a 2.0, and they'll lose money if they exclude the majority having a 1.1 slot, if the 2.0 graphic cards are not backwards compatible.

I don't see Nvidia releases g92 as a pci-e2 only unless pci-e2 will work in a pci-e motherboard. Maybe they would make the top line card be like that, but making the lower ends not work in older mobos would be crazy. So there needs to either be backward compatibility or there needs to be pci-e and pci-e2 versions.

Currently the only future proof motherboards are p35 chipsets, and if you wait around a little while you can pick up an x38 board, but they are going to be more expensive than p35s, but word is they will have pcie-2 slots. (this assumes you want an intel cpu)

When will these be out, and im not familiar with the terminology yet, so what does p35 mean ?

P35 is Intel's motherboard chipset, designed to work with the Core 2 Duos that have the 1333MHz FSB, and the upcoming 45nm processors.

its the name of the p35 chipset to intel... it replaces 965p

EDIT.. great timing b1gapl.. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom