Need upgrade recommendations...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,
i've been a bugger.
I didnt get that system that i wanted to buy that was on sale on this site...mainly because it was 2nd hand.
This is the situation now:
I have 700 dollars to spend now and i need your advice what to invest it in.
I dont wanna spend extra and waste money on something not needed.
Im guessing the 8800gts is the best for right now since i only have a 17"
And im guessing that wont work on my psu so i have to buy a new one.
I like the corsair but i think thats a bit too much. So i was wondering if the rosewill you suggested will be any good and if its trust worthy
Then i will need a case with good airflow and that will fit atleast 2 hard drives and the gts. Im not looking for anything too fancy, something good and simple.
I will also get a dvd burner and a hard drive.

Im hoping all that will fit in the budget.
I can only buy from new egg, maybe buy.com too.

Sorry for keep on changing my mind, im just so confused.
I just dont know how could my processor is good at the moment.

If i plan to upgrade my processor later, i can always use the same card case and psu.

Please help me, im planning to make the purchase tomorrow.
Thank you

This is what I got so far.
Its cheaper than before, i looked at all the reviews and they were pretty good.
i just want to make sure that its good and it will last me.

Case-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119068
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail or
I still might get the p180 since their is a good rebate for it now, the only thing is holding me back for that is that the card might not fit and that its expensive
GFX card- evga 8800gts
PSU- Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply 115/230V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail

hdd- Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
dvd burner-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16827152076

For lcd monitor its between these two

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/need-upgrade-recommendations-again-152515/
and
Newegg.com - CHIMEI CMV 221D-NBC Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 330 cd/m2 800:1 - Retail

I really want to make this purchase tomorrow.
Im going to be using my current 250 hdd and use xp and the 320 to use vista so i can play dx10 games.

Nice choice on the case.

For the power supply, I would suggest you get the Corsair 520HX (From buy.com). It's only about $20 more, but a much more powerful power supply.

The other choices are great too. Well I can only see one monitor choice, as you linked your own thread as a choice, along with the Chimei. I actually heard that Chimei, is pretty good for the money.

Which case do you think is best between the coolmasters?
if i plan to upgrade to a gtx, would that psu be good enough?
Here is the link for the other monitor...its a hanns.
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-216DPO Silver/Black 22"(21.6" viewable area) 5ms Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

And these are the upgrades im considering soon.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
I dont know why its cheaper than the e6600.
Mobo- Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
The crucial ballistic ram and then the arctic cooler freezer pro for cooling.

I was thinking about quad, but theyre isnt any applications that will utilize it. And i think the 6750 will be good enough especially after oc easily to abot 3.0ghz or higher.

The Gigabyte P35-DS3L, is cheaper and a better motherboard. As it's futureproof and natively supports the 1333MHz FSB processors, such as the e6750.

Between the monitor selections, I'd go for the Hanns-G, if I were you. It has slightly better specs, such as the 1000:1 contrast ratio, and it's the same price. Less with the rebate.

I think the e6600 is more expensive, because they still have to get rid of their stock. Newbs will probably buy it, without knowing the e6750 is better.

That Corsair 520HX is more than enough, for the GTX.

Yeah I recommend a P35 chipset as well since it supports 1333fsb processors.

I was thinking about quad, but theyre isnt any applications that will utilize it. And i think the 6750 will be good enough especially after oc easily to abot 3.0ghz or higher.

....well anything multithreaded will take advantage of a quad core processor...but the second part of your statement is probably correct in your case....save the money and go for an E6550 or E6750. All of the G0 processors are clocking quite well. Just remember you HAVE to get a p35 chipset or 680i if you want to run these CPUs, anything else isn't compatible at the moment.

I was looking at the hanns and realised that the monitor cable isnt digital....will that make a big difference?

I guess i wil get the corsair psu from buy.com and use GC.
I think i might as well get the gtx now and wait on the monitor instead of getting a monitor now and the gts, then selling it for a gtx.
Unless i should get the gts now and then get the G92 series later?

thanks for that mobo, i will probably get that later on though.
Right now im focusing more on the
gfx card
case
psu
hdd
dvd burner and maybe
monitor

I don't think it's necessary for the GTX, if you're considering the G92. The GTS is a very powerful card itself, and will hold you over until the G92 cards arrive.

I don't think you'd notice the difference between the digital and analog cable. Unless your monitor is going to be more than 10-20 feet away from your tower.

If i get that 22" monitor, will i be able to use the gtx to play on high resolution?
And thats for bringing up the e6550, ill probably get that since its cheaper and it can oc to 3.0 easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom