video card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - i had an nvidia which gforce 2 which broke down when i got a new pc. if it wasn't for the warranty i would have been stuck with a pc that freezes every second. (hint,hint) mabey thats the prob. ur 9800 is failing or so.

"Firstly, I had to deal with an INTEL freak.
Now here is someone with Nvidia written all over him"

I hope you aren't refering to me as the "INTEL freak" because if you are, you have no reading comprehension..

anyways, back on subject..

B$ is known to say nothing other then nvidia praises, backing his words up with nothing but a 10 year old maturity.

ok, now back on the real subject..

get a program called Motherboar monitor and find the sensor on your videocard and keep a close eye on it. ATI's are known to run hot, but the good thing is, they can take the heat.. my 9600 XT (built by ati) runs at 39-44c idle and around 48-55c onload, which is just fine.. i've heard people running their cards at 60+ even 70+ celcius with no failurs.. so if your running your card at 70+ celcius then you definitly need to consider new cooling devices..

also, did you have an onboard video controlor? if so.. did you disable it correctly? via jumpers, uninstall drivers, etc?

xxdryicexx said:
"Firstly, I had to deal with an INTEL freak.
Now here is someone with Nvidia written all over him"

I hope you aren't refering to me as the "INTEL freak" because if you are, you have no reading comprehension..
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom