Future proof MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thread in the forum was discussing the possibility that of 9 series cards only being compatible on certain pci-e slot that few motherboards have right now. I'm not sure if that is true. Just let b1gapl hit this thread he'll answer your question. :D

Not sure about the different pci-e thing, however, the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R is DDR3 and PENRYN compatible.

i heard that 9 series might use pci express 2 which is pcie 2 for short. I am not 100% sure about it but I heard of it somewhere and also a future proof will be a p31 motherboard i guess... p35 are pretty new but i heard p31 are coming too but not sure if they are on sale yet or not.

is lga 775 going to be the socket for intels next line of proccesors? I know that am2 is going to be used by 85% of the amd phenom cpus

Currently the only future proof motherboards are p35 chipsets, and if you wait around a little while you can pick up an x38 board, but they are going to be more expensive than p35s, but word is they will have pcie-2 slots. (this assumes you want an intel cpu)

The g92's are supposedly going to be pci-e2 but will run on pci-e1 slots. You just wont get the added throughput that pci-e2 has. Do most video cards even fully use the bandwidth of pci-e 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom