Is this a good cooling for RAM or GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
CompUSA.com - Antec Spot Cool Motherboard Cooling Fan - SPOTCOOL - Computer Upgrades » Cooling

I was thinking of getting two of them and theres only two left in my store. Not sure if it was good or not, I read the reviews but I didnt see a lot of them. It points to where you want to cool, I was gonna Point it to the RAM and another directly to the GPU's Fan so it gets more air.

Edit: Also, should I replace my GPU's heatsink to this one....

CompUSA.com -

Not sure if this one will be better than the stock heatsinks that came with the 8800GTS

the zalman heatsink may be prettier, but you probably wont see much performance difference and unless your trying to overclock, you dont need an aftermarket cooler

same goes for the ram, unless you've got highend ram from the likes of top tier corsair, ocz etc. your not going to be overclocking them, so you don't need any cooling

the spot cooler is pretty bad, but servers its purpose, make sure you dont point it directly at the ram, point it to its side towards the outake fan, rather then just blasting the ram with air since that will just spread the heat, if anything you should get some ocz sticks and start watercooling them :p

Water cooling? Maybe on my next build haha, after I get out of college or something which hasnt even started yet not till 16 days from now. So four years from now ill start water cooling haha. :D

Cant spend too much on a computer right now considering 30k a year in college fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom