Athlon XP or Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
agex000 said:
754 is incapable of supporting DUAL channel RAM. What ever was written in that URL is bull shit. The only AMD64 to support it is the FX series, which is Socket 939.

wrong

939 AND 940 support dual channel

939 amd 64's and FX's both support dual channel

and 940 supports dual channel BUT it has to be registered memory which has higher latency and is WAY more expensive

slvrstang said:
none of this really has to do with my question

socket A, 754, or 939?

i have everything else all picked out

If you want it to have future upgradability then get a 3500+ . When I build my computer that will be what I use.:D

she's not very good...but she's getting better

i feel bad shooting her repeatedly in FPS games. hahah:cool:

agex000 said:
754 is incapable of supporting DUAL channel RAM. What ever was written in that URL is bull shit. The only AMD64 to support it is the FX series, which is Socket 939.

Dude, most of them DO support dual channel. Do the research smart one.

GameGURU said:
Dude, most of them DO support dual channel. Do the research smart one.

show me one 754 board that supports dual channel ram

there are none because the 754 PROCESSOR cannot run dual channel so making a board that is dual channel capable is pointless

do a little research of your own.

939 and 940 are the only ones to support dual channel

amd---look at the memory controller width

seems that the 754 support 64 bit and the 939 support 128 bit....hmmm i guess that must be a typo on AMD's webiste...NOT

Yes they did. And it was a missprint... You told me to do the research. Obviously u should. Like mentioned above... The cpu was not designed to support it, however it offers 1600 Mhz for the FSB. Good enough IMO.

Ok, so are the systems that run on those mobos, and processors not worth the money. Cause im thinking about getting a 3200+ and an Asus mobo. Gaming will be what it is for...

* the 940/939 CPU's come with a built in dual channel RAM controller, the 754's don't

* the link with the chaintech motherboard shows that it can run dual channel RAM and is socket 754

* although the 754 CPU's doesn't have a dual channel controller, you can get a motherboard with one

it is understandable why people think that it doesn't support dual channel just because it doesn't have the controller, I once thought the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom