Vista hibernate/sleep help

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
I ran orthos overnight to find my pc off in the morning. It had slept or hibernated, so my stress test stopped early and my programs disconnected from the internet, how do I turn the auto sleep/hibernate off?

are you sure it hibernated or slept? if either that happened then windows should load up pretty quick but if it's from a cold boot, then the overclock might've been unstable or there wasn't enough power from the power supply. Also check the power options in control panel. see if hibernation or standby mode is set after x amount of hours. If that shows some hours then set it to never.

Go to the power options in the control panel, and right below the Power Options title, there's a little link that says "Change when the computer sleeps". Click it and make sure it's set to never.

Hehe, I hate when my comp goes to sleep or hybernate because for some reason, some things that are plugged in my mobo wont work. Like after it goes to sleep, it somehow disconnects the wifi that is built in the mobo, i have to disable it and re-enable it in the device manager. This happens on things plugged in the internal usb in the mobo too. so i just disabled it from sleeping or hybernating.

Here's how you do it on vista....

1. Click Start and type on the search bar "Power" and it'll show the Power Options.
2. Click Enter then the Power Options window should popup.
3. Mine is set to "High Performance" but do what you want, you can select from Balance, Power Saver, and High Performance.
4. Select one of them and click on "Change Plan Settings"
5. Click on "Changed Advance Power Settings"
6. Expand the Sleep thingy then Set both Sleep and Hybernate to "Never"
7. Click on "Apply" then "OK" then "Save Changes" this ensures that you will save the settings correctly.
8. Done!

Have you applied the hotfix that helps fix this issue?

The default gateway setting is lost when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep

A high definition audio device may no longer work after you resume Windows Vista from hibernation or from sleep

It might not be specific related to this but you could have those underlying issues. Like with digital audio trying to kick back on.

Well Ive really only had my comp gone to sleep twice and both times I got dced from my router, my wireless connection was disconnected when I got back on and some of usb devices plugged in directly from the inside the motherboard did not function. After that, I just stopped vista from going to sleep or hybernation :D It doesnt take that long to turn my comp anyway, like 15 ~ 25 seconds which is just about the same time for me to get comfy on my chair and get ready for computing.

Edit:

I downloaded the first link and i think it solved mine, i put it to sleep and then i pressed the keyboard and got internet access still.... HD Audio Device, not sure if I need that yet.

For some reason everytime I install something like drivers or windows stuff related things, I get a static sound whenever I open something, scroll down, use programs and anything I do that changes the screen on my computer i get a static sound. Hm.... Ill download the second one too then.

Edit 2: Ok, tested both Hybernate and Sleep and I was still able to access the internet after putting them back to "ON" Mode :D

So heres my question now.....

I can set the time when my comp hibernates and sleep but which one should come first? or should I only use one or the other? right now i have sleep at 60 minutes and hybernate at "never"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom