Sorry! another 'Check my build' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow....That looks awesome. Good job. But you don't need the superclocked edition, as you can overclock the non-overclocked.

Thanks for your thoughts

Actually debating whether to get 2x320Gbs. or maybe 2x250Gbs

I'll get the non superclocked (meaning you guys will have to deal with the consequences!:p )

Order for the thermalright 120, crucial ballistix, P5K and PSU have gone through (they don't have these items at the supplier that I'm getting everything else from), Prolly next month for the rest of the order (need to wait for cash!)

One thing I have completely ignored (and have no knowledge of at all) is sound. I already have some creative 4.1 speakers (pretty spiffing when I got them), and a creative soundblaster 4.1 soundcard (a few £s about 5 years ago so prolly pretty rubbish), which could switched over to the new build. Do I need to switch it over? Does the Asus have internal sound support? I have no idea about any of this:confused: ! I have to say, as long as I can hear stuff, I'm pretty happy!
What difference does a good sound card make, anyway?

That Mobo has onboard audio, so you can use that.

The difference in a sound card can be found in gaming, audio editing or watching movies, among other things.

If you do any of the three extensively, I would recommend getting a PCI sound card for increased performance.

If you are going to install Windows Vista careful if you gonna buy a soundcard from Creative. I don't know if the problem with Creative sound cards on Windows Vista have been fixed. Give it a trythe onboard audio first then decide if is worth getting a sound card, imo the onboard sound will be enough today onboard sound is from decent to great quality.

Well, I won't get a sound card unless I have problems getting sound at all- as I said, I have one I could try anyway.

As for OS, It'll be XP.

Which leads me to a related question: I have a copy of XP pro (bought separately to current comp). Its installed on the computer that I am replacing with this new one.

Can I uninstall/ unregister that copy of XP and reinstall/reregister it on the new computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom