Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,
I having a problem with my computer. I am running windows xp and when I go down to -start-turn off computer-shutdown or restart or standby or hib. I cant get it to do anything. It wont shut down. I scanned for virus and spyware and my system is clean. Any help?

could be spyware or malwere related? possibly try rebuilding your pc, or install avg free and run spybot search and destroy and also run hijack this!

maybe that will help.

He already ran scans for spyware and malware. Also what would rebuilding your PC do other than waste time? It isnt hardware based. HiJack This is for things that shouldnt be running so that is a good start.

But first you should do a Ctrl+Alt+Del and see what you have running. She what could be giving your PC a hard tim e shutting down. Like a Windows Update, Virus update. Anything like that will stall it. Also Trillian i have noticed has cause my PC to shut down longer. Closing that beforehand might help.

Other than that i would just close everything in your taskbar that you can. After that see if that does anything. Also have you installed any applications since the last time you remember it shutting down correctly. It could be that application or multpile applications that are causing this issue.

hmm I only know one program that did that to me or anyone I know and thats iMesh but I doubt anyone uses that anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom