which Realtek HD audio driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I was reformatting my old P4 and I forgot to back the drivers up. Even worse, I lost the discs which contained the drivers that I needed to install with...so what I'm asking is, is there a driver that fits any mobo? My old PC has onboard sound and it needs a realtek audio driver, but I don't know which one to get. It's windows XP pro, btw.

thanks.

Go to the Realtek website and search for it. Download Aida32 and it will tell you the model # of your hardware.

Go to the Realtek website and search for it. Download Aida32 and it will tell you the model # of your hardware.

Thanks, that's what I did. But it says it requires service pack 1 to be installed...what kind of audio driver requires service pack 1?? :(

It says Windows 2000/XP compatible...I don't have a connection at home now but I want to upgrade my audio driver so I can listen to music on my PC...is there anyway to install a previous driver WITHOUT having to install SP1?

XP SP1? Weird that it requires that, but maybe download the driver on another PC, save it on a thumb drive or floppy or whatever and copy the driver files to your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom