core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraccus

Baseband Member
ok. what are the requirements for a core 2 duo system!??! ive got a E6550 2.33ghz 4mb l2 catch 1333fsb lga775 cpu. two motherboards a DQ965GF (intel base board) and Nvidia nForce 680i SE SLI. and a PCI E geforce 8600 gts.

i plug it all in. power it up. and i get no video. wont run boot up, nothin. like the videocard dont exist. (this happens with both motherboards) all the stuff is brand new.

also a question, i looked n looked bout this but didnt find nethin that helped... the nforce 680i has a 8 pin 12 volt connector... without anything plugged into it the system powered on fine. (but i had the no video issue.)

nebody got ne suggestions?

Your CPU power connector isn't connected. The 8 pin connector is actually a 4+4 pin connector, and your PSU if it's current should have a 4 pin (2x2) connector on it. Put it in as far to the left as it will go (assuming this is a standard ATX mobo). Click the power and away you go :p

And also, you need the 6-pin PCIe Power connector on the video card connected.. Make sure those are set and you should be good to go ^^

just check the cpu mount...ie if you did it correctly...hopefully using some type of grease or paste....

correct pinoy.. ur board doesn't support 1333fsb boards.. time to use that 680i... but to use those with 1333fsb's on a 680i u need a BIOS update..

heh heh, the fsb problem is the reason why i have two seperate mobos, i got the intel one first and just after trying to get it working saw that it didnt support the cpu. go figure eh the price i pay for not double checking befer i buy. as for the psu i have a nice new ultra 400. should be fine... ne way i tried the 4 pin in the far corner of the 8pin slot and got bubbcus. didnt even trickle power. also the vid card is odd.. i saw the power on it when i got it and its a 4 pin.. that upset me just a bit cause my psu has a 6pin pci-e... stupid evga....
(note on requested parts)
OCZ xtc platinum 2X1gb dual channel ram.
WD 80gb 7200rpm SATA HD.
stock cpu heatsink/fan (for a little while gonna get that fixed up soon)

yerah lol just thinking same thing. need the update ur old bios there. should do the trick then ull be laughing. 680i actually seems to be better than everyone claims. runs my q6600 at 1.31v not bad imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom