PSU for a 2900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I am planning to slowly upgrade to prolly a 2900XT, right now I have this Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS550AC ATX12V 550Watts Power Supply 100 - 127V/200 - 240V CE, FCC, CB - Retail
I'm not sure if that is going to be good enough or not? also I am gonna be getting a AMD X2 4200 is that going to be fast enough for the 2900 or should I try to get something faster? cuase I read somewhere that if you have to slow of a CPU with a fast video card then you don't get 100% performance. thanks for any help

Were you looking at the Watts or the AMP? +12@25A. One +12V rail with only 25AMP! That's one very disgusting PSU, you're listing up there. Pitch in another $5 and get the Xclio GoodPower 500W.

well my parents got in not me I told them I wanted one and I didnt think they would actually get one for me so I didnt pick it out they did lol it may not be that great but it sure looks kool lol, so that one that you listed would work good though right?

The one you listed is one of the worst I've seen, sorry to say. That 25AMP on 1 +12V rail isn't so great for a PSU. The new generation PSU, now comes with more then 1 +12V rail. They come with a few at about 15AMP+ for each rail. There is some PSU out there with a single +12V rail, as the PC Power&Cooling. This is one very strong single +12V rail. I think I went off the subject, lol. Got too much into explaining it for you. Well yes, the PSU I have listed up there for you will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom