Heat concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why almost everyone i've spoken to other then you have heat problems with their amd's?

I know many poeple wiht amd's poast 2400+.. they have 3200+, etc.. with 40-50 dollar zalman fans, 5 case fans, and still get high temperature readings? one of my friends has a 40 dollar zalman triangular heatsink/fan, 4 casefans (not including psu) and runs at idle 48c and 54c on load.. he spent over 120 dollars on fans/heatinks alone..

im not going to keep going at it with you, you just keep telling me they dont have a problem.. i am giving you facts.

thats because they are getting quiet things, which cool less then loud things, so its quiet but the temps suck.

no... not really.. the case temp is 32-33 celcius, at all times, its very hot in his room too (no AC)..

his heatsink great, its not his fans.. like siad before, its amd..

if i were to put all the fans he has, into my comp.. i'f risk over-freezing my cpu :)

a zalman heatsink and the word great in one sentence dont match. Its quiet, but it cant cool, also what thermal paste did he use?

zalmans are great.. I dont know where he buoght his but it had unusual heat sink, alot of pins in a triangular shape, im pretty sure that helps decrease heat..

im not sure which paste he used.. was probably some regular silver..

one thing you do not undertand here, its the fact that a person needs to go thruogh ALL of this to get a amd to run cool.. that alone proves my point that amds run hot..

can you show me a picture of the heatsink. Just because some people have wrong ideas in their head aka Zalmans are great, doesnt prove anything except that that person is wrong.

I do not have any pictures as i couldnt find it on the net..

I used to have a 1800+, with stock fan/heatsink and silver it ran at 55c IDLE, with no OCing.. i got sickof the high temps and replaced the stock with a zalman, it reduced the temps to 48'ish c idle and around 54-55c on heavy load.. still hot but thats amd's for ya..

just admit it, amd's run hot.. they are faster, but thats the physics, you make something faster but it runs hotter.. we can keep going back and forth all day..

to make an amd cool you CANNOT use the stock fans/heatsinks, ESPECIALLY if your trying to OC the thing..

athlon 64's run cool

mine with the stock Heatsink/fan runs at 35 idle and 47 under heavy load (FarCry for 2+hours)

case temp=29C
motherboard=33C
CPU=35C

load

case temp=29C
motherboard=38C
CPU=47C

I'm sure a better heatsink would do wonders possibly even under 30C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom