8600 or 8800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea...that was the downside to EVGA's step up program. I heard you're paying for the MSRP difference, between the cards. Not how much you payed at a retail price.

As far as I know, EVGA is the only company offering this program.

yeah well its still great since they upgrade from the price you purchased it at (reasonably, MSRP etc.) not the resale value or how much the price has dropped so eventually, once the 8800 gts I get gets outdated, I can upgrade for the full price I bought it at, thus its worth the little losses I take now

anyways, thanks for your help, I guess I'll stick with EVGA then

You wont lose money on the evga step up like you think you will. Even if you pay msrp for a gtx in 3 months, that gtx is going to easily be 50-100 dollars cheaper than it is right now along with your 8800gts. Good luck selling your gts for THE EXACT SAME PRICE as you bought it for, which is what EVGA is going to credit you towards your step up card. I bought my gts 320 for 285 after rebates and i plan to wait til right around the 85 day mark to sign up in hopes that the gtx's are backordered or the g92's are out. Either way i get a really good card now while i wait for the top of the line cards to come down or the next generation cards to come out, while my current card gets ZERO depreciation.

yeh, heh thats what I tried to say in my post, but you said it much better

anyways, about the stepup program, does the offer stand as long as you submit your stepup application before the 90 days is up? or do you have to complete it before then? Because I saw some reveiws of it and they said it took a good month or so for the actual order to ship the graphics card to them comes up

From what i read, you have to register the card within 30 days of buying it (this also gives the lifetime warranty) then start the step up program within 90 days of the purchase. The step up program is roughly 5 parts if i recall. You sign up, choose which card you want to step up to. Wait. They email you back wanting a copy of your reciept showing what you actually paid for the card, then they do all that verification stuff, if they have the card in stock, they will give you an RMA number, you send your card in, make the payment for the difference, they receive your card, verification etc, they ship out your new card. The only time you are without a card is after they have approved everything and you send your card off. The site that i read about it took around 4-5 days turn around from when he sent his card in to when he recieved his new card. But it was about 14 days total with all of the other steps included before sending his card in.

I have just placed a EVGA in my puter (8800GTS-320). OMG! I play alot of BF2142 and have it cranked all the way up with no hint of any lag!! Cost me $259 after rebate from Newegg. I can't imagine what the **** kind of Mobo I would need to run two of these as they are frickin' boat anchors!!!

lol i just bought an 8600gts 512 mb and it certainly isnt crap.. but certainly ain't nothing like my old 8800gts 640mb either!!!

the difference between the two is literally almost double... i just bought this.. for the mean time.. as i had a very tight budget at that moment.. but i will be selling it in the near future and getting a gtx/ultra anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom