Building the Ulitimate (VISTA Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this. You all agree that 3K is way overboard. I'll take that as a sign to save my money. BTW where do I find these items? (newegg?)

Yep. The upper limit is generally around $2k. The items I suggested are all from Newegg. It's the best e-tailer out there.

Also once I get them all then what? am I missing anything? a Raid controller?

Nope, I think you'll have everything you need. The RAID controller comes built-in with the motherboard.

Also, a lot of you have stated that I can upgrade again in three years. What do you mean? upgrade the pc I just built or start all over again?

We mean "build a new PC but reuse those parts that are still useful", like keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, optical drives, maybe the case, etc.

So what do you think? Liking any of the proposed builds? vernong1992's build was also very good (similar to mine). You'll have a kickass system for around $1500.

my recommended build worked is real good i think i scored 3.8 on that system evalution, so this is the bare min u might get (except i had a core 2 Duo e4300 @ 3.2 ghz, Corsair Value RAM, 7600 GT) i think u might score maybe like... a 5.1 minimum, 5.3 or better if u OC that RAM and CPU

Ok... sorry to revisit this. I finally have some money put aside for this build.. Can you guys update my specs and suggest what to buy in todays market? I just want a system that will shredd for gaming as well as be able to edit video/music. (I want it to have some balls without tapping into my daughters college fund. (JK about that.)

dang.. its been like 4 months... i forgotten ur budget.. and too lazy to roll back and check

CPU, core 2 quad q6600
RAM, 4gb of crucial ballistics
Motherboard, Gigabyte DS3R
Video card, wait for the 9 series of nvidia harware to come out.
150gig 10k rpm raptor and a 320gig 7200 rpm for storage
couple of rom drives
vista home premiuim OEM version
Samsung 226b? 22in. widescreen monitor
z5500 surround sound speakers
X-FI sound card.....
and then maybe a ocz 600w power supply.

the smart way for sayway5959 to save a ton of money n if ur totally want to get a good, gaming, Vista exp, is to wait for the Phenom x4, if u want wait for the R700 to come out too, n the RD790 or RD780 - a mobo with Crossfire, support up to 2 graphics cards, n 1 AM2+ socket. This is my opinion on what u should wait for.

here r what ive chosen for myself n amazingly, ive just saved $1500 from how much i wanted to spend when i planned on fully upgrading early this year:

OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade - Retail
Case: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D AURORA GZ-FSCA1-ANB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
PSU: Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail
HDD: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Drive: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD-16S1S-05 - OEM
RAM: Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Speakers: Newegg.com - Cyber Acoustics A-3780rb 180 watts 2.1 Subwoofer and Satellite Speaker System - Retail
Video Card: I recommend the R700 mostly, or if u dont want to wait too long, wait for the 9800.
CPU: I recommend AMD Phenom x4; they come out later this year n will truely destroy Intel again.
Motherboard: I recommend the RD790 or RD780 that support AM2+ socket; u have to wait later this year for them to come out.
Monitor: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 206BW Black 20" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 800:1 (DCR 3000:1) - Retail

this should cost around $1300 i believe, without the CPU, mobo, n video card. IF I WERE U, i would wait for Phenom x4 to come out, along with a handful of RD790s n RD780s to come out, n same goes with the 9800, comes out November 2007, or R700 - which comes out Q1-2 2008. BUT IF U DONT WANT THE BEST OF THE BEST, then dont go with what i offered, im just trying to help is all.

WHY are people still reccommending an e6600 when an e6750 is cheaper and MUCH better.

EDIT: Oh, my bad I didn't realize this was a revived thread, anyway q6600 is very good and e6750 is a very good dual core overclocking beast alternative for less of a price hit, 3k is unnecessary. On my computer I spent 2.1k which was way too much because I overkilled my case and speakers which don't effect performance. Could have saved 200 there and ended up w/ a gtx.

Well, I don't care about saving the money. My budget was 4k but everyone told me to save the money and build one for 1500 and then build another one 1-2 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom