OS/internal harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory_cpd

Beta member
OK here is my problem.

I've put together a computer. got everything. 2 internal 80 Gig hard drives, MSI motherboard, new video card. everything.

but i put windows Xp on my primary drive. then i wanted windows vista.. i put it on my slave drive. then i tried getting rid of windows XP . Found out deleting it wasnt a good idea. cause now i cant actiate windows vista cause the disc i had went to a Dell computer. i cant reinstall windows XP because windows vista is an earlier version. i can format my harddrives because both have traces of system information. even when your starting up it ask if i want to switch to an earlyer version of windows but the keyboard wont work while im their. so i cant press the arrow keys to go up to that selection. cause imthinking its because i tryed to delete windows XP BY right click and pressing delete..... any answers to this problem?

If you want XP or Vista here is what you do. Go into yoru BIOS. From there make sure that you have boot from CD as the first boot option. then insert which ever disc you want.

From there you can format 1 drive or both drives and install on which ever drive you want. No restrictions.

if you want XP boot to your Dell XP disk and it sould have an option to format the drive, a quick format just deletes the files once, a long format gets rid of any residue, its recommended to do a long format to prevent any errors and just follow the prompts and youll be back to having your primary disk having XP in a little under a hour

i cant reinstall windows XP because windows vista is an earlier version

he meant later. windows won't let you install an earlier OS. you alway install that one first. powermax will delete anything

you can try mak's advice too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom