Is this a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

solong

Solid State Member
This is a custom system that can run totally fanless. It has a hardcano 13 which detects temps, alarms, and controls 2 large fans that are mounted in the PC if you need them. In normal operating conditions, you can leave them off. It also has a Cc light inside that can be controlled by the hardcano 13.

Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 4200+
1G of ram
Thermaltake Armour case
Thermaltake FANLESS power supply
Thermaltake sonic tower CPU cooler with heatpipes.
Zalman video card cooler with heatpipes.
LG CD Rom
LG DVD burner
ASUS A8N SLI premium
ASUS Extreme AX 550
250G HDD

$500 CDN.

This is a custom system that can run totally fanless. It has a hardcano 13 which detects temps, alarms, and controls 2 large fans that are mounted in the PC if you need them. In normal operating conditions, you can leave them off. It also has a Cc light inside that can be controlled by the hardcano 13.

Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 4200+
DDR2? Clock? 1G of ram
Thermaltake Armour case
Thermaltake FANLESS power supply
Thermaltake sonic tower CPU cooler with heatpipes.
MODEL # Zalman video card cooler with heatpipes.
READ/WRITE LG CD Rom
READ/WRITE LG DVD burner
ASUS A8N SLI premium
ASUS Extreme AX 550
RPM 250G HDD

$500 CDN.

tell me the rest of the information first, and convert the money to USD

Wow thanks for the quick response, I just snagged that off the message board at work so I don't have the info right now.

well theres one obvious thing you can be sure of, it'll be a really quiet computer... but nothing you can overclock, and it'll be sure to raise the room temperature a bit :p

Is it capable of running todays games with a decent fps, like rfactor? gtr2 etc.

Processor
Graphic Processor ATI RADEON X550
GPU Clock Speed 400 MHz
RAMDAC Speed 400 MHz
Key Features
Card Interface PCI Express
Compatibility PC
Memory
Installed Memory 128 MB
Memory Tech DDR SDRAM
Memory Data Width 64-bit
Installed Memory / Technology 128 MB (DDR SDRAM)
Technical Features
Form Factor Plug-in card
Analog Video Standards S-Video
Max. Screen Resolution 2048 x 1536
Input / Output
Display Interface VGA - 15 pin D-Sub x 1 • DVI x 1
Output Interface S-Video • TV Out
Warranty
3 Years
Miscellaneous
Included Accessories Drivers CD
MPN EAX550TD128MB
Product ID 26799611
More Information
ASUS Extreme AX550 is equipped with ASUS exclusive innovations and ATI Radeon X550 VPU,a ?true? PCI-Express solution. Extreme AX550 fully supports the PCI Express bus, the newest PC industry standard for delivering maximum real-time performance for your graphics-intensive software applications. Additionally, Extreme AX550 incorporates various innovative technologies, such as ASUS GameFace Live, ASUS VideoSecurity Online, ASUS OnScreenDisplay, ATI's SmartShader, and SmoothVision. Extreme AX550 is a complete solution for the new PCI-Express market.

those are the complete specifications, so I'd say no, you'd be incredibly laggy playing games from 2006 upwards however I have no idea what GTR2 or rFactor play like and require since I don't indulge in racing games, but they look pretty recent (dating 2006 upwards) so I'd say you'd get a pretty bad frame rate, thus equaling bad gameplay

it seems the prior owner chose it because the stock heatsink does not have a fan (thus adding to the quiet effect)

I'd reccomend upgrading the graphics at least however I'm not too knowledgable about ATI cards, so you might want a second opinion

the stats for that card are at the lowest of low for even acceptable these days, 256 is generally a minimum for video memory and the clock speeds are horrible for that card

That's about $469 in USD.

Well everything looks fine, but can you list some more specs to your parts?

1GB of ram (What kind of RAM are you buying?)
Thermaltake FANLESS power supply (A link to this PSU that you're buying)
Thermaltake sonic tower CPU cooler with heatpipes. (Might want to get a 120mm FAN)
Zalman video card cooler with heatpipes. (VF700?)
ASUS Extreme AX 550 (Is this the VGA?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom