4gb of memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
Is 4 gb of ddr2 6400 memory good?

I have 2gb of ddr2 6400 right now but just got an e-mail from some chick that worked at this one company I spent a lot of money at and now she works at ocztechnology so she e-mailed me and said she will give me the best deal out there for ocz memory.

Don't tell me I have to get vista cause I already know that. It depends on how much the memory is cause if its like $40.00 I will get it and get vista.

huh? if its cheap, buy it! you might as well if you ahve the cash to spare

theres really no reason to get vista yet since it takes up so many system resources and the drivers have many kinks to be worked out

dx10 isn't even populated yet, not many games really utilize it since the market of gamers still uses XP

Vista will only recognize 3.5gb of ram if you are running the 32bit version. The only way to get it to recognize more than that is to run the 64bit version of vista ultimate.

ok so if I get the vista ultimate 64bit is 4gb good?

also I was told if I get vista it recognizes flash drives as memory. So if I get 4gb of ddr2 and put my 8gb flash drive in with vista ultimate 64 bit I should have 12gb of ram?

Wait wait, why do you want 4GB of RAM? Are you doing any Video-Edit, Photoshop, CAD, etc? If you're not, then there isn't any need for 4GB. And you mean DDR2 800, not 6400. We won't be getting that any time soon. ;)

DDR2 6400 = DDR2 800. Its just 2 ways of saying the same thing. I run 4gb, but xp only sees 3.5, but i plan to upgrade to vista 64 once i can get a copy of it.

Wait wait, why do you want 4GB of RAM? Are you doing any Video-Edit, Photoshop, CAD, etc? If you're not, then there isn't any need for 4GB. And you mean DDR2 800, not 6400. We won't be getting that any time soon. ;)

this is what we recommend over at the Hardware Zone for Builds...

My two cents.
Buy it. If you don't need all that memory, and if it's that much cheaper, sell it for higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom