hello help with my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

spread

Beta member
Hi everyone I have been reading these boards for sometime getting all the info I can from you guys but I have to make a post for my computer.

I have a toshiba lap top (bought it new from best buy last year )

anyways, It has worked great for me except for the charger...(it killed the stock one ) so i got a replacement one, now it has killed it also:confused: )

so come to find out the new one is not dead, it just dies when plugged into my computer. Now if i take the battery out it will stay on (the aftermarket charger that is ) (but the computer does not turn on )

Does this sound like I need a new batt, (I went and bought a new charger but no dice same thing )

someone told me it could be i need a new motherboard

I dont know

:-(

It sounds like a wiring proble inside the jack where you plug in the charger. There's a short or something wrong with the internals of that port. It has nothing to do with the battery since the battery works fine, and I seriously doubt the mobo is affecting this because internal power managment on those are all focused in one spot, so if the input for the charger was messed, so would the battery.

Best Buy has great customer service, bring it in and describe your problem, they'll fix it for you.

yeah, yake it into a shop, dont try and fix it yourself not that you would :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom