Is it best to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Keey the same brand of um... RAM? I was thinking of upgrading my RAM to 4GB using 4 x 1GB sticks, but the Price on the D.Skill HZ has gone up by like 20bucks. At CompUSA the cant remember the brand 5-5-5-15 RAM DDR2 6400 800MHz RAM is on sale for like 79 bucks and theres a 30$ mail in rebate. So its only $50.00

I think its the Corsair OCz one or something.

If i install that RAM on my system, am I gonna have problems overclocking? Cuz they are not the same brand and the timings are not the same and etc. Or will it be fine?

Edit: its this ram right here...

CompUSA.com - Corsair Memory Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched 2GB( 2 x 1 GB ) PC2-6400 800MHz 240 pin DDR2 DIMM Memory Kit - TWIN2X2048-6400 - Computer Upgrades » Memory Upgrades » Desktop Memory

at cost I pay $80 and with 30 rebate its only 50$

it is very much recommended that you get the same brand, although 4 gb will not help you much in gaming, you must be doing video editing, 3d animation, or intesive photoshop

it is very much recommended that you get the same brand, although 4 gb will not help you much in gaming, you must be doing video editing, 3d animation, or intesive photoshop

Ye, I havent really used my computer that much lately, not even gaming. But will be using Flight Sim when I go to college. For some odd reason, i tried the flight sim x demo last night and was only getting 25FPS at high settings. Not so sure if thats normal or not. But Ive heard people with 8800GTX getting only 35FPS at high settings so must be about right.

Is it worth the extra $140.00 to upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 4GB or save the money and wait till prices go down when new RAMs comes out?

Right now im using 2gb of corsair and 2gb of ocz 6400. The only reason i went with 2 different brands is because they both had rebates which allowed me to pick each set up for under 100 bucks AR. The corsair is rated 5-5-5-15 and the ocz 4-4-4-12 and so far ive been able to run them both at 4-4-4-12 with no problems at .02+ voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom