AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
When clocked at 3.0 GHz and equipped with two overclocked HD2900XT cards in CrossFire, Agena FX or single-core Barcelona smashed an index of 30,000 3DMarks 06. Yes, you've read it right - the barrier of 30,000 was passed to, barely, 30.031. We know that there are different systems floating around, and we have no doubt that leaks will start appearing after this article goes live. Knowing what was the overclock of Kentsfield processor, Intel Yorkfield has quite a big job to do. One thing is clear, though. Intel needs Nehalem, and it needs it badly.

Source

I'm skeptical about this, since it's coming from the Inquirer. But if this is true, then bravo AMD...

aniclapping3wrep3.gif

Wow.. and I'm having trouble breaking 13k XD

Yeah the source is questionable, but if it's as it says, awesome! I bet they could have done better with SLI vs. their crossfire XD

Alexinator said:
Yeah the source is questionable, but if it's as it says, awesome! I bet they could have done better with SLI vs. their crossfire XD

I've heard that Crossfire scales better than SLI. But I'm not sure what that means. The current 3DMark06 record is held by two HD 2900XTs in Crossfire.

Wow.. and I'm having trouble breaking 13k XD

The current record according to Futuremark is 27039 with a crossfire system though.

bravo indeed, props to AMD :)

If true, yes!

I was reading some old threads(3-4yrs old) the other day and noticed everybody's sig had amd cpu's. Nowadays, you see lots and lots of intel cpu's. So when k10 comes out....it'll be amd's again in our sigs.

lol, I wqas joking about the SLI thing, it's just because I'm an nVidia/Intel fanboy ;)

Intel just feels familiar.. I don't know much in the AMD world, or ATi for that matter.

i researched them both and am buying intel/nvidia
nvidia didnt have much in my price range of video cards (dx10)
and processors are getting killed by intel atm
but about to change im sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom