Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

makuta999

Beta member
Mkay. So, I have a decent video card in my system. However, it overheats alot. Bleagh.

Anyway, I was wondering, is it possible to slave extra video cards to a main video card, so that their MB are used as well?

Like, if I had a 256 MB card, and a 128 MB card, could I somehow hook them both up, and use 384 MB of stuff?

its called SLI if its for nvidia, and Crossfire if its for ATI. you need a motherboard than can support either. you will also need cards that are SLI/Crossfire compatable. as far as im concerned, you also need them to be identicle cards. you need a hefty PSU though, and it certainly wont cool your system down.

your better off getting an aftermarket fan for your video card.

And here is where my lack of computer knowledge shines through...

A motherboard that can support Crossfire? Identical cards? Mkay...

*checks motherboard's stats*

Er... how do you check a motherboard's stats again? lol

And here is where my lack of computer knowledge shines through...

A motherboard that can support Crossfire? Identical cards? Mkay...

*checks motherboard's stats*

Er... how do you check a motherboard's stats again? lol

First off what video card do you have?
Download a program called CPUZ (google it, its free). This will tell you most of the stats on your pc. TO find the video card go into your display properties (right click desktop->properties->setting tab->advanved).

Also for SLI or Crossfire the cards "must" be identical, and they must have the ability to be SLI'ed or Crossfire'ed.

Saphirre Radeon x1600. ATI drivers. 256 meg for the card. It's got cross-fire.

As for my motherboard... I'm strongly tempted to say it's an Asus one, but I'm not sure, as I can't remember if they switched motherboards when they switched cases.

ASUS P4B motherboard methinks. Pentium 4 processer.

crossfire can have different cards but it runs at the speed of the lowest performance card, as for your video card, it cant HAVE crossfire it probably just says its crossfire compatible, list your specs and maybe we can help improve your comp performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom