My 7600gt died looking for a replacment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesphipps2

Solid State Member
I got my Nvidia 7600gt last Monday and put it in on Wednesday and by Saturday it was dead. i didn't overclock or do anything to it. now i have$180 credit and i am thinking of getting a HIS_Radeon_X1650_XT_IceQ_Turbo AGP for an extra 10 dollars what are your thoughs

my PC specs ar
P4 3.2ghz
1gb ddr ram
400w psu
160 gb HD

PS i live in Australia so part are always over prices

Get a 7900GS or an X1950XT. But I'm not sure if your power supply, can handle them. Probably the 7900GS. But to make sure, can you look on the label, of your power supply, and look up how many amps are on the +12v rails.

Thats real helpful, giving him links to a place that wont even ship to him.

And i dunno... doesnt seem like anyone actually answered the implied question?

He just spent a bunch of money on a card that died, and the only murmur of suggestions is for him to pile in more money for a card that may or may not work out for him and/or will cost him even more money.

Blah blah blah, yea you gave him your input (spend spend spend) but i dunno.. if I were in his position I wouldnt, seemed like he was just asking if the 1650 was a good deal.. adn yea he didnt give his price range but still.. nvmnd, havent slept and have nothing better to do than browse.

He just spent a bunch of money on a card that died, and the only murmur of suggestions is for him to pile in more money for a card that may or may not work out for him and/or will cost him even more money.

Blah blah blah, yea you gave him your input (spend spend spend) but i dunno.. if I were in his position I wouldnt, seemed like he was just asking if the 1650 was a good deal.. adn yea he didnt give his price range but still.. nvmnd, havent slept and have nothing better to do than browse.

Before you go and start pointing fingers you might want to realize that he stated clearly in his original post he got credit back for the damaged card.
So those, "murmur of suggestions", are just people's input on what he should get now with the credit.

Have you even read his post? He exactly stated that he got his money back on that card:
now i have$180 credit
We suggested him some cards and he hasn't answered back. :snob:

Hehe, thats what happens when you dont get any sleep for a few days :]

my bad

ahh here we go, in my sleep deprived rage I mistook "180 dollar credit" as a bill for some reason. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom