Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Re: Rate the Wiremanagement above you!

good point, but wouldnt the case cooling become useless when a much more powerful force of air was being blown into the computer?

Talking about C2D's and house fans, I remember seeing a guy (it was on YouTube) trying to overclock on a stock HSF with a house fan blowing directly at it. I think that was kind of idiotic, since it was disrupting the airflow. :snob:
It doesn't matter if it's disrupting the airflow. As long as it's replacing the hot air coming off the heatsinks with cooler air.

I disagree. Specialty cooling cases such as the TT Armor are laid out perfectly for optimal airflow. Also, when you're installing the Striker Extreme, it has a very large warning that tells you NOT to use the additional NB cooler fan that comes with the kit that attaches to that massive heat sync surrounding the proc if you're using a HSF for cooling, because it can disrupt airflow and not allow the system to reach temperatures that it would normally be capable of. That's why cable management is a big thing as well, because if they're in the way they're disrupting the airflow inside the case.

I still think that buying that thermaltake kit was a stupid move. I would have gone for the Ultra 120 in the interim as you would have gotten better temps than with the thermaltake water cooling.

Point is it was cheap, and that was the plan. I didn't want air cooling, yet I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so TT bigwater it was :p

I've actually been using the bigwater longer then I expected, but next week it will be no more :p

Seriously, it just makes a case look like it's a toy, or something a 14 year old would use.. I guess, I don't know, I guess it's just personal preference, but they are just so.. unprofessional looking.. :|

I used to have a red cold cathode, 2x red LED fans, red PSU, red PSU fan, red cables.. I don't know, all that flashy-ness was just useless and made it look cheap.

I guess I just like cases that are simple, like Silverstone or Lian Li's

I agree with Deathawk. You'd be surprise how the average pc user doesn't give a darn about a a computer case w/windows and pretty blue lights.
When people have asked me to build them a system, I have suggested cases with windows but more often then not they say it looks very 14yr'ish..very juvenile.
But hey, different strokes for different folks.

i like my case being messy although i would rather a clean one, its not something i spend hours doing or having sleepless nights over

I think that if you execute it well pc lighting can make it look very attractive.

However if you spring for a cheap 50 dollar computer case with 10 different colored led's and 8 cathodes then yes, it does look cheap

A high end case can make all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom