My Computer squealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
ever so often it squeals for about 1 to 2 seconds then stops. Im just browsing the web when it happens. Thoughts?

Could be your fans, could be your H/D. Open the case and see what is doing it. And clean out the dust while you are in there.

When i clean it out, i just need to have a hand touching the case to be grounded right?

When i built the PC i used a static mat, i dont want to set that up just to redo my wires, and clean up the insides.

Appreciate the help

When i clean it out, i just need to have a hand touching the case to be grounded right?

When i built the PC i used a static mat, i dont want to set that up just to redo my wires, and clean up the insides.

Appreciate the help

yes, as long as its connected to the plug (doesnt need to be switched on) the case should ground you. you dont need to keep hold of it though. if your that worried, invest in an anti-static wriststrap. i cant be bothered to find a link, but they're all over ebay for less than $5

yes, as long as its connected to the plug (doesnt need to be switched on) the case should ground you. you dont need to keep hold of it though. if your that worried, invest in an anti-static wriststrap. i cant be bothered to find a link, but they're all over ebay for less than $5

The static mat i was referring to was that anti-static wrist strap.

Ill probably use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom