Tight Budget Build $1,000 including EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. You're planning on buying 2GB of RAM, which is perfect for 32-bit. 64-bit, is better if you were to go over 3GB of RAM. Why are you getting the retail version though? The OEM is much cheaper.

Well, I wasn't sure what I wanted at first, but I figured it out. I'll be going with the OEM version. I need to start updating my list now.

Ok, I updated it. We are $40 over budget!!! oh noes! hehe, no sweat, we are actually a few cents under budget once I buy the RAM and send in the MIR.

Ok, My question to you guys is... Should I start buying things here and there or just buy it all at the same time. and does newegg have a free shipping thing if you spend more than $x?

I don't think newegg does, which has got to be there biggest flaw.. You spend over a thousand dollars and they don't even offer to throw in free shipping. I mean heck, I spent $40 at ZipZoomFly and got free shipping.

If you are going to do it, do it all at once. Unless there is some outrageous sale on something.

Nope. You're planning on buying 2GB of RAM, which is perfect for 32-bit. 64-bit, is better if you were to go over 3GB of RAM. Why are you getting the retail version though? The OEM is much cheaper.

Ya see, I never understood the big deal about 64 bit stuff. Everybody was into getting a amd64 bit cpu so when xp 64 bit and vista are out you can take advantage of it. Now it is still the minority even when the standard for all cpu's are 64 bit processing.

I don't think newegg does, which has got to be there biggest flaw.. You spend over a thousand dollars and they don't even offer to throw in free shipping. I mean heck, I spent $40 at ZipZoomFly and got free shipping.

If you are going to do it, do it all at once. Unless there is some outrageous sale on something.

Thanks, I'll plan on buying all at once then! I'm hoping to get money for christmas so I can buy it all on Christmas day.... or the day after. I'll do some shopping around to get the best prices when it gets closer to when I'm gonna buy the stuff.

EDIT: can you guys give me the links to good places to look?

Yea, I browsed through their site yesterday. I'll compare prices to see if it's cheaper than newegg.

Items on Zipzoomfly:
Motherboard: BIOSTAR TForce TF-7025-M2 Motherboard Retail at ZipZoomfly -- $71.98 **Free Shipping**
Memory: Crucial Technology BL2KIT12864AA804 2GB kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Memory at ZipZoomfly -- $119.99 (after rebate) **Free Shipping**
Speakers: Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker System Retail at ZipZoomfly -- $42.99 **Free Shipping**

I couldn't find very much on there, I'll do some more hunting later. I hope I can get free shipping on most of the stuff, it would definitly save me money to spend on other things... Like a computer desk and chair xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom