Problem reformatting Pentium 2 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
The original 5gb laptop hard drive that came with this pentium 2 laptop died. So i have a 60gb and i threw it in there and i tried to install xp on it. There was some error. Then i tried ubuntu, everything was fine until it started to copy data to hard drive. It got stuck on one certain file. So i just formatted the 60gb hard drive and i am using it as a usb external hard drive. So that means the hard drive is not broken. I am going to try it again with a small 40gb hard drive. But i think i will get the same problem. Does anyone what could be wrong?

it might be the motherboard that either cant handle the 60GB or its in no use anymore as in dead . It probably cant send data to the P2 CPU then to the HD that whats might be causing this issue. But my guesss would be the HD , id throw in a really small HD in there since technology in that laptop is old school

Now i need to find a smaller hdd. What do you think is the biggest hard drive it will support 10gb's? Its a twinhead Slimnote vx

ya i would clean the lens of the laser (cd-rom) with a q-tip and windex on it , but my guess would be a smaller HD , good luck tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom