Should I Buy This GPU!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice.. do some benchmarks... i'd like to see how it does on 3dmark06 as well as use fraps to see FPS

He's already bought his card. It'll last him much longer than BF2, FEAR, Bioshock, etc.

I played the Bioshock demo earlier- it's the best looking game I've played on my system, I think they squeezed a lot of performance for the visuals, a very well optimised engine!

very nice to hear a 7600 gt can fair its own in games, now i know my 512mb 8600 gts will do me just fine tonite!!! .... i'll be testin it out on some cs:s and dark messiah :) hopefully being 1680x1050 won't make too much a difference

very nice to hear a 7600 gt can fair its own in games, now i know my 512mb 8600 gts will do me just fine tonite!!! .... i'll be testin it out on some cs:s and dark messiah :) hopefully being 1680x1050 won't make too much a difference

It's a GS. I think that means it's worse ;)

Well, I just got back I bought the eVGA 8600GT, I'm gonna OC it myself... RUNS BIOSHOCK NICELY!!! I'm getting 20-40 FPS in game, and only slow down was when my whole screen was like fog... I paid 120$ and I have a 20$ mail in rebate.. Card is great very quiet too and I can't wait to OC.... So far very excited... as always with eVGA!! I'm gonna install other games... I'll keep posted.

Well, I just got back I bought the eVGA 8600GT, I'm gonna OC it myself... RUNS BIOSHOCK NICELY!!! I'm getting 20-40 FPS in game, and only slow down was when my whole screen was like fog... I paid 120$ and I have a 20$ mail in rebate.. Card is great very quiet too and I can't wait to OC.... So far very excited... as always with eVGA!! I'm gonna install other games... I'll keep posted.

very nice to hear that.. what resolution do you play at...

imma probably download the demo tonite to try out my eVGA 8600gts 512 mb :) .... i'm not expecting much though while playing at 1680x1050....

geez nosboost... why did u sell ur e6600 build... man how can u get bored of it!!!

geez nosboost... why did u sell ur e6600 build... man how can u get bored of it!!!

lol ya... sucks that i did, and i really regret it now.. cuz the instant i sold it.. i was gonna keep the money to save for the next build.. but alot of things came up... and i had to give the money up.... :( ...... and i ended up on a 700mhz celeron for a while.... and now a 3800x2.. that doesnt get the job done for me.....

but anyway... i may end up selling this build for a few hundreds.. (without case) but i dunno, maybe i want 2 compys....

but imma probably splooge out for an 8800 ultra/gtx in the near future.... i'm still deciding weather to get an e6700 or q6600... but i'll probably have my decision by next friday

Just be aware with the Bioshock demo that some people are having some issues with their anti-virus software reading the copyright protection stuff as trojans. Anyone have any more information on this?....

It is hard to keep up with your current build and future plans. You were debating a 8800gtx before I left for a while, then I stopped by again and you were going to build a fx75 based or or something. Now you have a budget build. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom